Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Current Designer Obsession: Phillip Lim

Have you seen 3.1 by Phillip Lim? Il est si merveilleux! (it's so marvelous!) He used to design for Development (another fab line) and has moved on to take his unique vison to the next level by creating the 3.1 line. This guy can be the next Marc Jacobs or Phoebe Philo, as long as he remains consistent with his designs. These are some of the pieces in his collection:



I love this dress! I actually designed a dress which is quite similar to this one (coz I dabble in designing a few pieces for myself, my family and a few friends) I will try and upload some of my designs soon.


I would wear this piece with something soft like chiffon or lace underneath to show the contrast in fabrics.




Need I say more? This piece speaks for itself...soo chic!











(pics from net-a-porter)
The French Muse

6 Comments:

Blogger Sissy said...

Love the last one! Tres chic!!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

i know..i love almost everything he makes

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

3:45 PM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

thanks peeps for your wonderful comments

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errr. Get your facts straight buddy, one letter can make a whole lot of difference. Especially PHILIP and LIM are very common names. LOL. It's PHILLIP LIM. Double L. I recently splurged on some of the classic white dress shirts he designed for the Gap's 2008 Design Editions shirts as part of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and Vogue magazine's contribution to help identify emerging designers and provide financial support to encourag and enable them to pursue their design plans.

3:50 PM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

oh yeah sorry for the typo dr3amboat. Good thing you told us since this was a very old post... wouldn't have noticed it. Yes i love Phillip Lim. Have several 3.1 dresses and tops and they are like my daily uniform..especially the shift dresses. Very comfortable and stylish indeed. I've seen his kids collection also and I've been itching to get at least an outfit for my toddler. But since they grow up so fast, maybe we'll just leave the designer labels for mommy :) thanks again for noticing the typo.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home