Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Flat Central

I love flats...i'm so obsessed with them NOW (NOW meaning I know I'll be sick of it the next time I see a local celebrity parading one on T.V.--- BUZZ KILL!!!) Whoever is responsible for making flats a trend should be awarded with the Pullitzer prize. Comfort and chic, what more can you ask for? These babies look great with those skinny jeans and also look cool with dresses. I think every fashion-savvy girl should have at least one (or 2,3,4...)in her closet. Believe me, your feet will be thanking you :)

Here are some of my favorites (or rather dream buys):
Note: These are not your old-school circa 1995 Gucci or Ferragamo loafers.

Azzedine Alaia Patent Pumps

Burberry Check Flats

Dolce And Gabbana Jeweled Snakeskin Flats

Dior Leather Buckle Flats

Christian Louboutin Gold Flats

Marc by Marc Jacobs Python Scalloped Skimmers

Stella Mcartney Teak Satin Flats

The French Muse

(pics from net-a-porter.com, eluxury.com, bluefly.com, neimanmarcus.com, yoox.com)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. French Muse,
I love flats! I agree that they work w/ most outfits and it is the best option to wear for this coming fall/winter trends. I don't even understand why some even bother wearing Knee high boots for a very tropical climate.
I just noticed that its the shape that keep evolving. There is round, pointed and now square ones are coming out here... Have you seen any there?
P.S. Maybe you should write about platform shoes too? They seem to be cropping up everywhere.

4:10 PM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:53 PM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

Hi Singapore Sling. Yes, I will be writing about platforms this week. I know, they're very hot right now. Have you seen the new "it" shoe from Gucci? Their platforms are to die for!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home