Monday, July 03, 2006

Preview's much-anticipated (or highly dreaded?) Best Dressed List

It's that time of the year again when Preview gets to horrify us with their Best Dressed List. I told myself that this year, I am not going to waste P120 on this annual-piece-of-crap...For sure another member of the Cucci gang will be included (Not a typo. I'm sorry but I will never glorify and call them Gucci Gang 'coz some of them are as fake as a Gucci watch from Mongkok, with the missing small dash from the letter "G"). But because of this blog, TFD and I decided that this could be a great entry for our site --- another day, another lait :) (Kala mo ang gaganda namin noh? But hey, we're proud of our taste, and that is something you can't get from a Belo clinic!) So, might as well make fun of the list since year after year, Preview continues to disappoint us with their choices anyway.

So I got my copy this afternoon. Hmmm, let's see...cover is ok, Lucy looks gorgeous (love her top!). I flip through the pages and head directly to the target...I can just see it, any minute now I'm going to puke. Flip, flip, flip...here's Lucy, Daphne, then this girl named Spam (oops, Pam..sorry, got distracted with the massive airbrush there. I see this girl in Zara most of the time and believe me when I say this lady is an impostor...she doesn't look like this in person) and on to Jackie...I can't believe my eyes! Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia. It's the first time in a hundred years that Preview almost hit the mark with their choices (see, we're not mean all the time). I have to give credit where credit is due and I must admit, I like the variety of their picks. Thank God most of these ladies have style! And I also like how they gave each one of the ladies a Canon Ixus Izoom so they can photograph their outfits and show the readers that they just don't dress for show, or at least I hope so...

Here are the women who made the cut:

1. Lucy Torres-Gomez
2. Daphne OseƱa-Paez
3. Pam Gonzales
4. Jackie Cohen-Antonio
5. Alessandra Tinio
6. Yvette Ilagan
7. Charmaine Palermo
8. Ruby Gan
9. Manika Yujuico
10. Georgina Wilson

Come back tomorrow for our remarks.

xoxo

The French Muse

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home