Sunday, September 17, 2006

An Animal Affair

There are only two creatures I know who can pull-off the head-to-toe leopard look --- 1. A real leopard and 2. My mother. In our shopping binges, I used to cringe when my mother gets overly excited each time we see a leopard top, leopard bag and leopard shoes. I really wanted to die and pretend that I didn't know this catwoman. If she buys a leopard top, she will scour the entire mall (or malls) to get the bag and shoes to match her "catty" blouse (my mother is the match-till-you-drop kind of dresser). No matter how much advice I give her on how she shouldn't be matching her top with her bag and her shoes, she NEVER listens! And after being abnormally exposed to this wild, animalistic print, I swore that I will never, ever wear leopard for as long I live. Boy, if only the fashion gods can hear me now...

After seeing the fashion shows and ad campaigns for fall, I'm shocked to see myself being drawn to this trend. As early as the New York Fall 06/07 Fashion week pics got uploaded at style.com, I knew I had to borrow (and never to return again) my mother's Dolce and Gabbana leopard top. But unlike mommy dearest, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing head-to-toe leopard. I choose to wear one article of clothing, either a top or a dress, or just an accessory to spruce up a plain outfit. And with the abundance of these "leopardwear" and accessories from design bigwigs like Valentino and Marc Jacobs, there are lots of these feline items to choose from. So, can an anti-leopard like me change its spots after all? Hmm, maybe just for this season :)

Valentino Leopard Print Satchel

Stella Mccartney Leopard Print Ballet Shoes

Tuleh Leopard Print Shirred Blouse

Christian Louboutin Dickensera Slingbacks

Jimmy Choo Tulita Leopard Bag

Tibi Leopard Chiffon Top

Tadah! My mother will have stroke when she sees this...

YSL Fauve Oversize Leopard Print Bag


xoxo

THE FRENCH MUSE

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Can't help but I agree.
There were so many times that I was on the verge of falling prey into my animal instinct to buy even one piece of leopard but had to stop myself because I do remember your mommy dearest! Not that she can't pull it off ... it's only meant to be worn by those who can actually carry it well.
I love this trend when worn w/ a crisp white shirt and dark denim paired w/ leopard flats or heels. Or better yet, a black turtle neck w/ skinny pants paired w/ an animal print bag.
Till then ...

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Can't help but I agree.
There were so many times that I was on the verge of falling prey into my animal instinct to buy even one piece of leopard but had to stop myself because I do remember your mommy dearest! Not that she can't pull it off ... it's only meant to be worn by those who can actually carry it well.
I love this trend when worn w/ a crisp white shirt and dark denim paired w/ leopard flats or heels. Or better yet, a black turtle neck w/ skinny pants paired w/ an animal print bag.
Till then ...

1:20 PM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

Hahaha S. Sling! I knew you'd be posting a comment here. Remember that time in Rockwell when I saw my mom wearing leopard too? ROAR!!!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Jillsabs said...

your mom is so cool! :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

Thanks jillsabs. My mom's in 7th heaven now that animal prints are a major trend this season. Naku, she'll be happy to find out that someone finds her cool :) She's really COOLit :)

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my daughter who happens to be your mother's granddaughter seems to have the same love affair with animal prints :)...grabe! manang mana!

10:46 PM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

Mana talaga! Goodluck :)

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home