Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ozzie Invasion

High-fashion is peppered with French, Italian, and British labels. But with rising popularity of the boho/Linsay Lohan/MK/Mischa barton look, where you mix high street with luxury names, Australian brands are cashing in with great denim labels and amazing dresses and separates. What's fantastic about Australian brands is that most designs are perfect for the laid-back, warm weather, casual lifestyle here in the Philippines.

Here are some fabulous Oz brands that I only wish were available here in Manille.

Alice Mccall
Love the play of colors, sexy with a cutesy twist





Lover the label
sweet and feminine with a streetwise edge




Sass and Bide
sexy and modern, not for the wallflower





Here's another designer who has remained at the forefront of Austgralian fashion for many years now.

Lisa Ho (Thanks ms. e-pal!)






xoxo

TFD

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa Ho is a personal favorite. I got my first dibs on her pretty frocks two years back, when my then-boytoy was taking his masters Down Under. Being the sweetheart that he is, he asked me what i wanted for pasalubong. Roxy tank tops? Billabong short? Nah, I'm more high-maintenance than that! hehe ;p So i did my research, and came across this uber fab designer :)

Speaking of Australia...

On a sad note, Steve Irwin, the country's well-loved crocodile hunter passed away :( Now that he's in heaven I'm sure he can see EVERYTHING, and he'll most probably be too upset everytime he sees someone purchase anything made of croc skin. Hay... One more reason for me not to buy a croc birkin! haha ;p

*e-pal

12:18 AM  
Blogger stylePOD said...

I'm still pretty shocked at Steve Irwin's death. He was a good bloke =)

I was just looking at Lisa Ho's summer 06/07 collection, and she has amazing stuff. I posted some new pics in this entry.

Enjoy!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home