Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Check Please!

Sorry if i haven't been posting lately. We've been really BUSY with this thing(by "this thing" meaning like we discovered a treasure or treasureS....I wish I could share it with you guys but if I tell you, I literally have to KILL YOU!, right Florentine Diva?).

Anyway, this season, checks, tartans, madras and plaids abound. I think we have to thank (or murder?) Alexander Mcqueen for that. I, personally, am not fond of this trend but I think there are a few nice pieces here and there (coz I feel that this trend will be gone in a heartbeat!). So before you ride on this trend, make sure that you buy only a few of these so-called "disposable fashion" pieces. Love'em or hate'em, no doubt there will be items like these in your local Zara, Mango, Topshop or H&M:

Alexander McQueen Plaid Pencil Skirt

Moschino Tartan Cropped Jacket

Bettye Muller Plaid Pump

L.A.M.B. Cocktail Dress

Alice and Olivia Plaid Skinny Pants

Zac Posen Tartan Dress

What do you think of this trend? Send us your feedback.

The French Muse

pics from net-a-porter.com, shopbop.com, bergdorfgoodman.com, neimanmarcus.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that "THING"!!! You can't kill me though, you got me into it!:)...my fellow "thing" addict!...you too, florentine diva! :) - maricel

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha,ha,ha, same here, same here...I'm losing weight over it, that must be the upside huh? :) I love your site, it keeps me well informed and I love your humor..both of you. Keep it up!...call me the SouthernBelle

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home