Sunday, December 03, 2006

Bazaar hoppin'

Ok, so I haven't really been too into the whole holiday shopping thing. I think this is because thinking about super long lines and crowds akin to something you'd see during a world cup game just does not appeal to me. Yesterday, I decided to share in the Christmas spirit and brave the crowds at Cuenca Bazaar in Ayala Alabang. So there I was with my girlfriend, not looking for anything in particular but just scouting to see if I could get something nice. When it comes to choices, there was certainly a lot. I think this year, compared to last year, there is a bigger assortment of all sorts of accessories. You would see vintage-y pieces like long strand gold necklaces, and gold bangles, then there are also the more run-of the mill beads and stones. I also saw some very enterprising young people peddling skin care/spa lines like body creams, scents, and soaps. I think this is a fabulous idea because the weather in the Philippines really makes us very particular with products that make us feel fresh and smelling good. As for clothes, there is also a great improvement in variety. Structured tops with a "twist" seemed popular among young designers, maybe there is a demand for this, but personally, I think that the materials they use are sometimes not comfortable against the skin. There were also a lot of cute dresses and tops from Bangkok, and they were very popular with the girls. I think next year will be a very exciting one, what with the number of local independent brands that seem to be cropping up. This is a very good thing. We need to infuse young blood into fashion retail to keep things dynamic.

I don't know if I can do a second run at the bazaar though. A fear of big crowds just might overwhelm me yet again, but then again, maybe not.

xoxo


TFD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home